Sometimes, life seems to go from hope filled to hopeless. Where everyday becomes a place of less and less hope. We trudge through just trying to make it through this moment with no joy, no peace and no hope. That is not God’s plan. We need a different HOPE.
His plan according to Jeremiah 29:11 is to give us HOPE for our future. What does that HOPE look like?
Here is the kind of HOPE God is giving us:
18 This was so that, by two unchangeable things [His promise and His oath] in which it is impossible for God ever to prove false or deceive us, we who have fled [to Him] for refuge might have mighty indwelling strength and strong encouragement to grasp and hold fast the hope appointed for us and set before [us].
19 [Now] we have this [hope] as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul [it cannot slip and it cannot [c]break down under whoever steps out upon it—a hope] that reaches [d]farther and enters into [the very certainty of the Presence] within the veil,
- It is a HOPE that is based on His promise and His oath which are absolute because it is impossible for God to lie or deceive us. So it is an absolute HOPE!
- It is a HOPE that God gives us the mighty indwelling strength and STRONG ENCOURAGEMENT to grasp! God’s HOPE is so big that we can’t grasp it on our own, nor hang on to it in our own power. We need His strength to access it, to grasp it and to hang on to it.
- His HOPE is appointed for us. He hasn’t just thrown together a leftover bag of HOPE for us, but rather thoughtfully and intentionally planned for us a specific HOPE. The HOPE He has for us is specific and unique to us.
- He sets HOPE before us so we can see it and aim at it. He wants us to have it.
- NOW! This second we have His HOPE! Not tomorrow or maybe next month but now in this moment we have His HOPE.
- His HOPE anchors our souls. It creates a place of sureness that stabilizes us, while at the same time allows us to step out and fulfill His purpose which is so huge that our tiny souls could not contain it. We would be washed away by the sheer enormity of God’s greatness that He has planned for us if we did not have our souls anchored in sure knowledge that He is our Hope.
- His HOPE causes us to reach farther into intimacy with Him. It draws us into His presence and transforms us. His Hope transforms us.
- His Hope brings us the very certainty of His Presence. We don’t have to worry if He likes us or wants us. We can be certain of Him.
1 Timothy 1:1 (AMP)
1 Paul, an apostle (special messenger) of Christ Jesus by appointment and command of God our Savior and of Christ Jesus (the Messiah), our Hope,
Jesus is the HOPE that God has given to us! That is the highest quality HOPE you can ever get. God thinks so highly of us that He has given us the very best. That is cause for a HOPE celebration! He gives us HOPE that is so great that is beyond our ability to comprehend, but he even provides for that. He gives us the mighty strength, yes; it takes great strength to operate the HOPE of God, to grasp it. Then He gives us strong encouragement to hold His HOPE because He knows the strong discouragement that we face. Lastly, He gives us the ability to endure His Hope.
Romans 15:13 (AMP)
13 May the God of your HOPE so fill you with all joy and peace in believing [through the experience of your faith] that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound and be overflowing (bubbling over) with HOPE.
May we go forth from this moment totally and completely filled to the point of bubbling over with His HOPE!